Friday, September 14, 2012

Bratislava

Four of us decided to make a day trip to Bratislava on this three day weekend; Ben, Danuta, Jackie and I hopped on the 9:20am train and quickly got our day started since we didn’t have too much time. When we got into Slovakia it was kind of interesting, because it looked very Eastern European compared to Vienna. This was my initial thought as we rolled into the train station and then as we walked out onto the street, it looked poorer and more run down, and there were huge old apartment buildings just sitting on the top of the hill which made me think of government housing for the poor. It just didn’t strike me in the most positive way at first, but nonetheless, I was still excited to get out and explore a new city and a new country. We made our way down to the Old Town and everything I just said changed immediately, it is a gorgeous city! Small streets with old buildings and a quite atmosphere. I was really glad we only traveled with 4 people because if we were anymore we would have disturbed the entire city since we are so loud. Also, with only 4 people it is easy to make decisions and we all wanted to just walk around, eat food, and drink beer so it was perfect. We sat down at a little restaurant and ordered some traditional Slovakian food. Slovakian food in my opinion is a little weird, because I think everything had sauerkraut in it in some form or another. The food was really good and really cheap so we were all happy. We had an amazing time there and I would definitely like to go back and explore more of the sites and spend more time relaxing. It was funny because this was the most relaxing day of the trip for me even though we were rushing to try and see as much as we could, definitely one of the better days on the trip in my opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment